music and talk and whaddaya no

February 16, 2005

from start to...


Welcome to stuck in the sun.

So this is my first entry, and accordingly, here is the description of what I want to do with it.

Talk - I'll talk and comment about everyday things, from film, to politics, to annoyances, to pleasures, and whatever else. But don't worry: I will try not to bore you to death with the mundane intricacies of my daily life. But if there's something I want to say here, I'll say it.

Music - It's not the only thing that's important to me, of course, but it is high high up there. So yes, I'll talk about it, discuss it, obsess over it. It will most definitely be a central part of this blog, just as it is so central to my daily life. I intend to provide links to music I am listening to now, or that I spontaneously feel should be listened to. I'll sometimes link the subject of my entry to the music, sometimes not. I am not (as of now) equipped to the extent of other fantastic blogs and sites (see links) in providing the newest, rarest, most-hyped tracks available. I will post songs that do it for me at the time, trying to stay away from the ultra-popular stuff, 'cause you've heard them already, or they are easy enough to hear. I'll hopefully be getting mp3s from great bands that I happen to know who deserve to be heard. This is done out of love of music and not for any gain whatoever, and they will only be available for a short time.

I'm looking forward to seeing this site evolve over time and see where it goes. I welcome and appreciate any comments on anything I post on here, or whatever else.

So, here is the first song:

Sons and Daughters - Start to End   I didn't want to put too much thought into this, otherwise it would have taken me forever to choose. It's a good song from a good band that is up and coming and not afraid to use their accents; most of all, the title works for this first post. (You can purchase it at Domino USA)

See you soon.
Comments:
Hi Rob,

It is Tal (Adrian's Buddy). Long time no see :-)

Congrats on the new blog I like the layout very much.

I hope you are enjoying Vancover.

Cheers,

Tal
 
Post a Comment

<< Home